|ಆದದ್ದೆಲ್ಲ ಒಳಿತೆ ಆಯಿತು|
by: Purandardasu ;ರಚನೆ: ಶ್ರೀ ಪುರಂದರದಾಸರು ರಾಗ : ಪಂತುರಾವಳಿ ; ತಾಳ : ಆದಿತಾಳ
- Aadaddella oLitE aayitu namma
- Shreedhara seve maadalu sadhana sampattayitu;
- Dandige betta hidiyodakke
- mande maachi naachutalidde,
- Hendati santati saavirvaagali
- Dandige betta hidisidaLyya
- GopaaLa butti hidiyodakke.
- Bhupatiyante garvisutidde,
- Aa patnee kula saavirvaagali,
- GopaaLa butti hidisidaLayya;
- TuLasi male haakuvudakke
- Arasanante naachutalidde,
- Sarasijaksha Purandhara ViTTala
- TuLasi male haakisidnayya !
(from Dasara Padagalu collection by G.V.Shastri
free from copyright)
|Whatever happened, happened for good.|
Raga (Tone) : panturavali; Tala:Aadi. --
- Whatever happened happened for good
- A way to serve the God imbibed with all wealth !
- To hold the carrying-stick on my shoulder $,
- I had bent my head with shyness,
- She like my better-half emerge in thousands,
- Who made me carry the shoulder-stick.!
- To stretch my hand with begging bowl,
- I was abashed with pride like a king ,
- This wife like lineage come out in thousands!
- She made me to hold out the begging bowl!
- To wear a Tulasi garland, I hesitated
- In shyness like a crowned king ,
- Made me wear the wreath of TuLsi
- He , the God Vittala of Purandara - with lotus eyes
- $(a stick on shoulder with weight on two ends)
- Tulasi : Ocimum tenuiflorum plant - warring the Garland of its leaves like an ascetic !!
(Translated by B.SD.Chandrashekhara. Sagar-Shimoga)
Post a Comment